Here we go.

07 November 2011

Red Red Wine

As with anything else I post, maybe only I am amused by this.  I'm not a big drinker, never have been.  Recent over preparedness has left me with several bottles of red wine, so I decided to give drinking red wine an earnest go.

I have been, on more than one occasion three sheets to the wind, the last time being at the Kilgore wedding, which was May of this year.  So, I can remember the last time I over-imbibed.  The sad truth is that when I do drink, it's a 100% effort, so I go a wee bit overboard.  Well, why not?  I'm rarely in the mood!  It's something that takes me at least three days to recover from.  Right, so my usual spirits of choice are, depending on the occasion or location, gin (& tonics), (shots of) tequila, (bottle of) sparkling wine, or a beer or two.  But, nothing compares to the warm hug of red wine.  Guys, Y U  NO TELL ME ABOUT RED WINE?


How is it that I'm only now discovering the allure of grape juice plus?!!!  It's awesome!  It is a whole different kind of ... intoxication. 

So, you probably have UB40's Red Red Wine stuck in your head.  Serves you right!

4 comments:

boleroid said...

These days all the kids are into those cruise control pills.

nicole said...

I love Love LOVE Malbec. It's my go-to red wine. But wine definitely gets me drunky-drunk, if I'm not careful. I have to EAT-EAT-EAT while drinking and/or drink water with my wine... basically, I'm still learning how to drink like an adult. xo.

p.s. NO TEQUILA SHOTS FOR ME. EVER. AGAIN.

AMD & KMHD said...

I still can't believe I'm just now figuring this one out. Being an adult is so weird.

kmhd said...

At least you're starting off right as opposed to lugging around a jug of Carlos Rossi like Jeremy, Andrew, Sam, Rett, et al.

Blog Archive